Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Creating cat furniture.... for free!

The next priority for the girls has been getting them some furniture to climb on, sleep on and generally get high, which cats love.

So I put the call out for anything that might be of use, and my friend Abbie came to the rescue! So Robbie collected 10 milk crates from her on Tuesday - time to get creative.

How exactly do you turn crates into cat condos?

The same way a car enthusiast will tell you all car problems can be solved, of course - cable ties! And if anyone knows how to use them, its my partner Robbie (in his best attire :P)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Then we moved them into the pen, and filled them up with rugs and pillows donated by fellow Crazy Cat Lady Meri-ann (who also helped with lunch feeding, and food, and her mum gave me a donation as well - thank you!)


Photobucket
Apple checking out the new steps


Photobucket
Luna also checking it all out


Photobucket
Apple thinks they smell good


Photobucket
Hmmm, which one should I move into? - Luna


Photobucket
Might just have them all! - Luna


Photobucket
Ash and Luna (I think!) checking out the tower


Photobucket
Ash enjoying the view


Photobucket
Ash's tick of approval


And here are a heap more pics because who could possibly see too much of these ladies!


Photobucket
Ash on the outside of the steps


Photobucket
Thorn looking about


Photobucket
Luna and Thorn. Sometimes they are friends, sometimes not - typical sisters!


Photobucket
Thorn inspecting Robbie's handiwork


Photobucket
Thorn thinks she looks best on the top floor


Photobucket
Thorn, giving me her best startled look


Photobucket
Apple, and her gorgeous tail


Photobucket
Apple. I took this pic to show you all that she is a litter flicker! I had only just cleaned up, turned around, and look at that mess!


Photobucket
Thorn again, she's really come out of her shell the last day or so


Photobucket
Luna, cute as always


Photobucket
Hey mum, I have the swishiest tail! - Luna


Photobucket
I know you're feeding me, but I still insist on chewing all the grass I can get to - Luna


Photobucket
How dare you call me a litter flicker! - Apple


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
Willow - this is how she sits all day, although I find her in a different pen regularly, so I'm hoping she's getting out and having a drink in the night


Photobucket
Our last girl to be named, I'm thinking of calling her Cherry. She didn't like us bringing in new furniture. Get that camera out of my face!


Plenty of people have commented that because of the fluffiness of these cats, they dont look that skinny. I'm sure you're taking my word for it, but when Ash jumped in my lap for a smooch (and she is the cutest, smoochiest head butter I've ever met!) I took these pics to try and show how thin they are:


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Yes, the fur doesn't make them look all that skinny - but undereneath there is nothing to them I bet!

    ReplyDelete